Live Trick Dog Performances
Tricks are meant to inspire and entertain audiences, and we want to give you the skills and the forum to do so successfully. Do More With Your Dog! is the official governing and sanctioning body for the sport of dog tricks. Over 14,000 Trick Dog titles have been awarded to dogs who successfully demonstrated a required number of qualifying tricks to a judge. Trick Dog Titles are required to be eligible to earn a stunt dog title.
- Stunt Dog is live trick dog performance. Stunt Dog titles are awarded through live ring trials. (AKC-recognition pending). It is a structured rule-set where every competitor follows the same 9 exercises (except for the Champion level, which allows creativity).
- The first AKC Stunt Dog competition will be at the TriDEx Trick Dog Expo at Purina Farms, March 2018.
- After TriDEx, there will be local and regional ring trials across the country/world.
- To become a Stunt Dog judge, you must first be a Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI)
- To become a judge, you must attend an "Intro to Stunt Dog Competition" workshop.
- Judges will be able to host their own "intro to stunt dog competition" classes, and will be eligible to hold trials (after March 2018).
- If you wish to compete in Stunt Dog, you must first have your Trick Dog titles (as we want people vetted before they enter the ring)
- Here is the competition rule book including the scorecards:
Trick Dog to Stunt Dog:
Novice Stunt Dog (NSD): Shall have earned their Novice Trick Dog Title
Open Stunt Dog (OSD): Shall have earned their Novice Stunt Dog and their Intermediate Trick Dog Title
Proven Stunt Dog (PSD): Shall have earned their Open Stunt Dog and their Advanced Trick Dog Title
Stunt Dog Professional (STPro): Shall have earned their Proven Stunt Dog and their Expert Trick Dog Title
Stunt Dog Champion (SDCH): Shall have earned their Stunt Dog Professional and their Trick Dog Champion Title
The first four levels of the Stunt Dog title are called the Foundation levels. The structure stays the same throughout the foundation levels; only adding or removing a few elements, or changing their difficulty. By the time you get to the Champion level, you will feel comfortable and confident in the ring, and have a successful structure which you may wish to use as a basis for your Champion routine.
More About The Trick Dog Expo
The Trick Dog Expo (TriDEx) is the premier event featuring an educational Conference, Trade Show, and venue for the AKC Stunt Dog Nationals. Click Here for More information about the event.