You're Almost There!
Do More With Your Dog!® is the official sanctioning body for the sport of Dog Tricks. Each trick in the "101 Dog Tricks" book is assigned a difficulty rating, and a dog earns his Trick Dog Title by performing tricks of your choosing in front of a CTDI which add up to a minimum point value. You can have any witness, however, attest to a satisfactory performance of tricks in order to receive a Trick Dog Certificate only. With 101 tricks to choose from, there are plenty of tricks to suit every dog.
Successfully demonstrate your dog's tricks for any witness. You can do it!
or by mail, fax, or email.
AKC recognition of Trick Dog titles
Do More With Your Dog!® is excited and proud to announce the collaboration between Do More With Your Dog!® and the American Kennel Club® to have our titles recognized in their registry, and to have these titles officially added to registered names. Do More With Your Dog!® and AKC® will continue to support each other in their shared goals.
With your Do More With Your Dog!® title, you can:
-Submit your CTDI witnessed Do More With Your Dog titles to the AKC for recognition. The AKC title fee is $20.
- Our Novice through Advanced titles correspond to the AKC suffixes TKN, TKI, and TKA.
- Our Expert and Champion titles will correspond to the AKC suffix TKP.
- Do More With Your Dog will still accept trick dog applications in which a witness vouches for the satisfactory performance of tricks for your Trick Dog Certificate.
- If you would like to receive your Trick Dog Title you will need to have a CTDI witness your tricks. Trick Dog Titles are AKC recognizable.
- Throughout 2018, AKC will grandfather in Trick Dog Titles previously received.
Work Towards a Goal
Dog trainers tend to train the hardest when working toward a goal—it keeps them motivated, and focused. A Trick Dog title can motivate you by giving you a goal. The Trick Dog program allows you to earn your title on your own time, in front of any witness or certified trick dog instructor (CTDI). Keep in mind when you demonstrate tricks in front of a witness you are eligible for the Trick Dog Certificate. You will need to have a CTDI witness in order to receive a Trick Dog Title. If you cannot find a CTDI in your area, our free online classes are coached by designated CTDIs, who will be happy to witness your tricks and sign off on them. View a list of our Spark Teams here.
Teaching tricks establishes a pattern of learning, teaches skills and focus, is a positive method of training, and promotes a bond between canine and human.